Recent statistics reveal that the number of women who will experience “relationship violence” is at an all-time high. Allegedly, one in every four women will encounter a brush with domestic violence in her lifetime. If you find yourself facing any type of violence, threats, or abuse behind-closed-doors, reaching out for help is the first step, and perhaps, the most important step.
Above all else, recognize that Only YOU hold the keys to a life free of violence. And luckily, you don’t have to go it alone.
Here’s who to contact:
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline (available 24/7, in all 50 States)
- Safe Horizon (A National Victim Assistance provider, available 24/7)
- The National Sexual Assault Hotline (available 24/7)
- The National Center for Victims of Crime (Victim Compensation Programs)
- To Report Child Abuse Call:
- National Children's Alliance (777 Children's Advocacy Centers in 50 States)
- Child Rescue Coalition (To report internet child predators)